May 5, 2015

#METGALA2015 viz. "OMG, CHOOSING THE BEST OUTFITS IS SO HARD"



The Met Gala attracts the types of outfits I love most. There's the richness, the experiment and the vanity in almost every look. Remember the famous Diana Vreeland's quote? I loathe narcissm, but I approve of vanity. I'm so excited watching photos of the choices made by all these incredibly stylish women and men, I can't imagine being a part of this event (ok, I laid it on a thick. The list of the designers I'd like to wear is already chosen.)

Rihanna stepped out in a gown with a supersuperlong train which had to be held by 3 men! What's more, it took 1 year to make the whole dress. But, actually, at this year's Met Ball there were so many conspicuous outfits, that seeing the RiRi's wasn't such shocking.

However, RiRi can't be undervalued. She should be appreciated at least for being the only guest who wore a gown designed by a Chinese designer. It was Guo Pei who created this (still) breathtaking omlet-looking (thank Bryanboy for this comparison) dress.

Every year I'm surprised that making the list of best dressed guests is so difficult. But once again, I decided to go through this hell. For you. I hope you appreciate this.


 
RIRI - THE QUEEN OF #METGALA2015
 
   
AMAL DESERVES TO BE HERE ALONE, WITHOUT HER HUSBAND. WAIT, SHE HAS A HUSBAND?
 
   
IT'S AGAIN ABOUT THE HEADWEAR! (BECAUSE THIS TIME SJP'S DRESS WAS UN UNLUCKY CHOICE)
 
   
QUEEN BEY DEFINATELY RUN(S) THE WORLD IN THIS GOWN
 
   
LADIES AND GENTLEMANS, LOVELY POPPY DELEVINGNE!
 
   
EMILY RATAJKOWSKI AND HER STUNNING DRESS WHICH...HIDES SO MUCH!
 
   
ANNE HATHAWAY AS A...LITTLE GOLD RIDING HOOD
 
   
THE JUMPSUIT CAN BE MORE STYLISH THAN A DRESS AND THE SIENNA MILLER'S IS A PROOF
 
   
IT WAS RISKY, BUT THE RISK WAS TOTALLYPAID BACK. CONGRATZ, ZENDAYA!
 
   
THESE TWO WERE MY PERSONAL BEST DRESSED MALE GUESTS. BIEBER SURPRISED ME, BUT I THINK I DON'T HAVE TO REPEAT HOW MUCH I LOVE 
ROUSTEING
 
   
THEY MUST BE ADDED TOGETHER. THE ONE AND ONLY KATY PERRY WITH THE ONE AND ONLY JEREMY SCOTT
 
   
ANOTHER GREAT AND NOTEWORTHY FASHION CHOICE MADE BY A MAN. MARK RONSON
 
   
VANESSA HUDGENES LOOKED SO ADORABLE, BUT MATURELY!
 
   
OH, SHE KNOWS I LOVE GOLD! KATE HUDSON
 
   
IMOGEN POOTS AND THE BEST BLACK OUTFIT OF THE EVENING 


And what do you think about the looks? What are your favourites? Tell me in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Can't wait to read your comment.